HAIR CARE GUIDE
- Brush your hair gently starting at the ends, working your way to root
- Use a boar or nylon bristle brush
- Avoid excessive pulling or aggressive brushing to maintain extension quality.
- Use a sulfate & paraben-free shampoo & conditioner that adds moisture
- Limit use of bond-building products, as overuse can cause breakage
- Rinse with cold water to seal moisture into your cuticle
- Avoid washing everyday, supplement with dry shampoo
- Use a deep conditioner every 2 weeks to maintain quality
- Gently dry to 80% with hair towel
- Apply a leave-in conditioner when damp
- Air dry hair is not suggested, use a hair dryer to ensure a smooth finish
- Do not exceed medium heat setting
- Apply heat protectant to shield hair from heat damage
- Do not exceed medium heat setting
- Use wire brush or boar bristle brush
- Use a hair oil consistently. Our scalp only produces enough natural oils for our natural hair, so you will need to supplement with a hair serum to allow continued moisture for your extensions.
Coloring & Toning:
We cannot guarantee the quality of our extensions after any dye, toner, bleach, perm, keratin, or straightening treatment is performed. If you do wish to use such products, always try a test strip before proceeding to make sure you are satisfied with the results. The use of chemicals may damage the extensions. Always see a licensed professional for any services you wish to perform on your extensions.
Do not put purple shampoo directly on the hair extensions. We recommend doing a purple bath/fanola dip to control color and tone. Do not wash your hair at-home with any purple shampoo products, always see your stylist for toning preferences.
- Sleep with hair in a low ponytail or braid to ensure hair doesn’t tangle
- Never go to bed with your hair wet
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase
We do NOT recommend swimming with your extensions. The risks include: hair discoloration (hair turning peach/orange), absorption of unknown elements in various bodies of water that can cause damage to hair & extensions, tangling & matting, and excessive dryness. If you do choose to swim with your hair extensions, please know that there will be no Bombshell refunds or replacements of any kind.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to inspect the hair and its’ quality prior to removing it from the original packaging. If there are any quality concerns, please return the hair in its’ original condition so we can properly refund or exchange the product. Once hair is removed from the original packaging, the hair cannot be replaced for any reason.
Installation of hair extensions must be performed by a Licensed & Certified Hair Extension Specialist/Bombshell Certified Hair Extension Specialist. Your natural hair can be severely damaged if hair extensions are not installed properly.
- Do not exceed the recommended time-frame for your maintenance appointment
- If you exceed the maintenance period and do not use proper care + proper products in your daily lifestyle, we cannot guarantee the quality of the hair extensions or your natural hair.
Sunscreen WILL discolor your extensions. Do everything you can to avoid your hair coming in contact with sunscreen. Putting sunscreen on your body and shoulders with your hair out of the way is NOT enough to keep sunscreen off of your extensions, as your hair may fall against your shoulder and even a simple rubbing can absorb into the hair and cause it to turn colors. Spray sunscreen is highly discouraged when trying to avoid sunscreen product touching your extensions. Sunscreen will cause your extensions to turn an orange/peach color and there is nothing that can be done to get them back to their original color. Bombshell Extension Co. is not responsible for refunds/replacements if your extensions becomes discolored, so please, take great care in using sunscreen. Always choose a sunscreen without the ingredient: avobenzone.
We do NOT recommend swimming with your extensions. The risks include: hair discoloration (hair turning peach/orange), absorption of unknown elements in various bodies of water that can cause damage to hair & extensions, tangling & matting, and excessive dryness. If you do choose to swim with your hair extensions, please know that there will be no Bombshell refunds or replacements in doing so.
Keep your hair pulled back & under a hat to protect your hair color & excess dryness.
- Chlorine & Salt Water : Avoid swimming as it will discolor hair
- Do not use sunscreen with avobenzone as an ingredient.
- Be mindful of self-tanners, as they will discolor the extension hair
Remember:Extensions are not your natural hair, special care and attention needs to be taken when caring for your luxury hair extensions. Download the Hair Care Guide and to send to any clients for proper at-home care